How your school can help Cure EB
Sign up your school for a summer fundraiser that teaches pupils about inclusion, difference, and helps UK children in pain.
PLAY #EBpop TO MAKE THE BLISTERS STOP
There are 5,000 children in the UK with EB. At Cure EB we are tantalisingly close to a breakthrough in medical research to help these young people live normal lives.
Research costs money. We are asking your school to take part in #EBpop to make the blisters stop. Pupils can raise funds just by popping water balloons.
- Because EB is one of the cruellest conditions affecting children
- Because young people’s lives are shortened by this disorder
- Because participating gives unaffected pupils an understanding of what other children tolerate
- Because water balloons resemble the fluid-filled blisters on EB skin
- Because popping them signifies the daily torture of having them pricked with needles
- Because we are in a race against time to find a cure, but we are close
- Because it is fun!
FOUR WAYS TO RAISE MONEY AND PLAY #EBpop TO MAKE BLISTERS STOP
Go to our website to register for a free starter pack of balloons. Then get popping! You could even make it an event at your school Summer Fair.
1. HOW BRAVE ARE YOUR STAFF?
Could they submit to a soaking from students? Get them to sit or stand and see how many water balloons staff can take. Charge for balloons.
POP AND SPLASH
Use recycled hand wash pumps to fill water balloons, charge a pound or less for each balloon and let children pop them over their heads, giving them a summer soaking!
Fill large balloons with water, put it on a chair, and bounce on it until it pops!
4. PLAY CATCH WITH A SPLASH TIMER BALL
Splash Out is a plastic ball with a built-in timer. Put your water balloon in the Splash Out, and pass it on to your friends- whoever’s holding it when the time runs out gets drenched!
We are very proud that 100% of the money raised will go to funding research into a cure for EB.
Would you like to sign up?
Contact us for a book reading, and register for your starter balloon pack at:
Cure EB, 175-185 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8UE
Phone 020 3405 8433
Here is Damien Lewis!